- BEHR MARQUEE™ Exterior Paints
- Premium Plus Ultra® Exterior Paints
- Premium Plus® Ext Paints & Primers
- KILZ® Primers
- Specialty Paints and Primers
- Wood Stains & Waterproofers
- See All Exterior Products
- Premium Plus Ultra® Interior Paints
- Premium Plus® Int Paints & Primers
- KILZ PRO-X® Paints and Primers
- KILZ® Primers
- Specialty Paints and Primers
- See All Interior Products
- Technical Library
- Direct to ProSM
- Factory Tinting
- Volume Pricing
- Heirloom Homes
- Making a Connection
- Tweet Your Way to New Business
- Pricing Your Jobs Right
- For You
- Valuable Tools to Help You
- Help Your Customers
- Popular BEHR® Colors
- Store/Rep Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
Transparent Waterproofing Wood Finish
This product, due to its durable waterproofing formula, lasts up to 2 years on decks and 4 years on fences and siding. The 100% acrylic formula is available in 3 transparent colors that accent wood grain. For UV protection, the product is enhanced with silicone. Cleans up easily with soap and water and is also mildew resistant.
WHERE TO USE
Behr Process Corporation warrants customer satisfaction with this product for 4 years on vertical surfaces and for 2 years on horizontal surfaces from date of purchase, when applied to a properly prepared surface according to label directions. Color fading and slight natural graying of the wood may occur during this period, especially in areas exposed to heavy foot traffic or excessive weather. If you are not satisfied with this product, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product or refund the purchase price. This warranty is made to the original residential product purchaser and is not transferable.
This warranty excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based upon breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
CAUTION: Finished surfaces may become slippery when wet.
(The following steps and products are recommended for best results.)
- Use a product such as BEHR premium ™ NO. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper to remove loose wood fibers, latex, oil-based and 100% acrylic coatings on new or weathered wood.
- BEHR PREMIUM NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner MUST be used following NO. 64 to clean, brighten & neutralize wood.
- When NO. 64 is not needed, use a product such as NO. 63 to clean and brighten the wood surface and to remove light to medium exterior stains caused by mold, mildew, algae & fungus.
- On new wood, use a product such as NO. 63 to remove mill glaze and open the pores of the wood. Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry before coating. Lightly sand to remove remaining wood fibers/fuzz.
(For best results, a pad applicator is recommended over large areas.)
- Must apply between 40-90˚F (4.5-32˚C). Do not use if rain is expected within 24 hours. The wood surface must be completely dry before application.
- Intermix multiple containers to ensure color uniformity. DO NOT THIN PRODUCT.
- Stir product occasionally throughout application. Test product for penetration and color on a small hidden area before proceeding.
- Use a nylon/polyester brush for areas requiring more accuracy. Use of rollers should be limited to rough surfaces only.
- Use 3/8” nap or longer when appropriate. A high quality pump sprayer with a variable tip or an airless sprayer with a .015 - .019" tip may be used.
- Work in small sections lightly saturating the surface and immediately back-brush or use pad applicator to eliminate puddling, remove excess and evenly distribute the finish. Maintain a wet edge when applying. Apply product end-to-end or to board lengths to prevent lap marks.
- Over application of finish will lead to surface failure including peeling and cracking. Avoid applying finish too heavily. For optimum performance, coat all six sides of wood.
If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! Sanding or scraping pressure treated lumber may be hazardous; wear appropriate protection.
A quality product that contains a mildewcide will assist in providing a finish that is resistant to mildew, provided that all existing mildew is removed prior to application. While this product does contain a mildewcide, it will not prevent mildew growth.